PIC PAX PHARMACY LLC
1 Our Policy
Our services are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect information from persons under the age of 18 and we reserve the right to destroy any such information which comes to our attention. However, if you are procuring prescription only medicines (POM) or over the counter medicines (OTC) on behalf of a person under the age of 18 as their parent or guardian then you may be required to submit some information that could be used to identify the person in receipt of the prescription.
2 Data collection and use
The information we may collect from you includes:
• information establishing your identity (for example, username and password, name, address, email address, Emirates ID, passport, health insurance information, contact telephone numbers);
• information relating to medical prescriptions written for you;
• financial information (for example, credit card details);
• information relating to your current location or your address for delivery purposes (you can change or delete your address information from the settings on our website or mobile application but this may impact our ability to deliver services to you);
• information relating to your use of the website or mobile application, including access dates and times, crashes and system activity, browser information and your purchase history;
• information relating to your use of our website and mobile application (for example, domain name, IP address, the type of browser, devices and operating systems you use, identifiers associated with the device(s) you use); and
• any information you independently choose to provide to us (for example, if you send us an email or call us or agree to complete a survey we make available).
• the web pages you visit, and the products you view, including dates and times;
• if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of that website;
• information regarding your internet service provider;
• if you engage with a separate application or website that uses our API (or whose API we use) – APIs are programmes allowing separate systems to talk to each other – we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or application;
• information about your activities on PicPax sites (this may also be obtained through the use of clear GIFs or web beacons, local shared objects or Flash cookies);
• details of transactions you carry out through the PicPax website or mobile application and details relating to how your orders have been delivered.
4 How do we obtain your information
We may collect your information during the course of our relationship with you and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We may obtain this information from sources, including:
• from you (for example, when you create an account and log-in to our platform or place an order, when you use our website or applications, send us emails or support requests or otherwise provide us with your personal information or feedback);
• from your healthcare provider or the healthcare practitioner that prescribed your medication;
• from your health insurer (if we are seeking approval for payment of prescription medicine charges on your behalf);
• from third parties involved in the fulfilment of any orders or services you procure using our technology (for example, delivery service providers); and
• we may use third party providers of validation services to validate certain information that you have provided.
5 How we use your information
We may use or process your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you with information about our services and other information that we think may be valuable to you, including via direct marketing communications (unless you have opted out);
• to provide our services to you, which will include – to the extent necessary – sending communications to the third parties involved in the provision of such services (such as delivery service providers) which may include your name and delivery details, location (if you are sharing your location) and preferences that you have indicated and to doctors / clinics and health insurance providers to validate orders for prescription medicines and claims for direct insurance payment of charges, which may involve sharing your prescription ERX number, details of your medical insurance, personal identifiers and any other relevant information;
• to integrate our technology with your accounts on third party platforms that you choose to integrate;
• to personalise our sites and content to you and your geographic region (including but not limited to advertisements and promotions, including direct communications (unless you have opted out), recommendations and similar);
• to respond to any queries, requests, or comments that you may have;
• to process your payments (or facilitate third parties to do the same in line with your orders and requests for services);
• to review, develop and improve the services which we offer;
• to detect fraud, attack or other misuse of our services, website or applications;
• to comply with legal obligations (for example, if we are required to share information with competent health authorities) and enforce our rights;
• to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of any other person.
We may also aggregate your information for the purposes of statistical analysis and research. Where we do this, the information will be anonymised or pseudonymised so that you cannot be identified. If we have anonymised your information we may use it for any purpose.
If we are involved in a sale of our business, we may transfer your account details to the purchaser of our business.
6 On what basis we use your information
We use your personal information for the following reasons:
• for our legitimate interests. Using your personal information helps us to operate, improve and minimise any disruption to the services that we may offer to you. We also have a legitimate interest in sending you information on our new products or services or updates to our services;
• because the information is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract (we cannot fulfil your order in accordance with your request without obtaining personal information from you);
• because you have given your consent (if we expressly ask for consent to process your personal information, for a specific purpose); and
• to comply with any legal and regulatory obligations.
If you have placed an order with us or signed-up to receive marketing communications we may also send you marketing communications by means such as email or SMS but we will always ensure you can opt-out from receiving such communications if you wish.
7 With whom do we share your information?
• authorized employees of PicPax designated to carry out the necessary activities that allow us to provide our products and services to you;
• our affiliated companies who are involved in the fulfilment of your orders and services or where we need to do so for reporting or analysis reasons;
• third party service providers and sub-contractors who provide a service to us (including but not limited to providers of hosting services, email services and push notifications, marketing services, telephone support services and other IT services and delivery service providers);
• third parties who you may use our platforms or sites to confirm your orders for products such as your insurance provider or healthcare provider;
• analytics companies and advertisers who collect information from our sites, unless you have opted out from the use of your information for marketing purposes; and
• any competent authorities if we are legally required to comply with a request for data or we are required to routinely share such data by applicable laws, regulations, orders, decrees or any other binding legal requirement.
8 Countries to which we transfer your information.
The information you submit will be processed by us and stored on our servers. Currently, our servers are in the United Arab Emirates.
We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure.
We will not transfer any information outside the United Arab Emirates if we cannot lawfully do so.
9 Data retention
We will keep your data only for as long as is necessary to respond to any queries or complaints, to provide our services, to improve the services that we offer to you or to comply with any legal obligations to which we may be subject. We will retain at least some of your information for as long as you maintain an account with us and we will also retain certain information for a reasonable period after your account has been closed but unless there is an overriding reason to retain your information, we will not keep it for more than one year after your account has been closed.
An overriding reason to keep your information for longer includes a legal obligation that we must comply with.
10 Security & Confidentiality
We are committed to protecting the information you provide us. We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures designed to protect the personal data that we have under our control, in accordance with applicable laws. The security measures are designed to prevent unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
12 Notification of changes
13 Contacting us
Pic Pax Pharmacy LLC
Office 436B, Al Ghurair Centre, Office Tower
Deira, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.